First Time Attendees
The Pulp and Paper Industry committee recognizes the beneficial opportunity to Mill Employees who attend our technical conference. Attending the PPIC conference provides a great way to meet other industry engineers, learn solutions to real mill needs and network with senior professionals from the industry.
Recognizing this need, the IEEE Pulp and Paper Industry Committee (PPIC) offers a 50% discount off the Mill Employee conference fee to a First Time mill attendee.
What are the requirements?
- Be a First Time Attendee to the PPIC technical conference
- Be a Mill employee in the pulp, paper and forest product industries
- It is requested that you participate in committee meetings on Tuesday for a Subcommittee and the General Committee meeting. Subcommittees are listed below.
- In addition as a First Timer you also receive a discount on any tutorial you purchase which occur on Thursday and Friday
To receive the Discount during the on-line Registration Process: www.pulppaper.org
- Begin registering, after several registration pages/steps, select the Mill Employee Conference Rate
- Check the box for First Time Attendee on the page where you enter your name, address, etc.
- Reimbursement will occur automatically upon the completion of the registration steps.
- A 50% conference fee registration discount will display as a line item in the final tabulation for all items purchased
Mill Attendee is responsible for all other costs related to attending the conference, hotel, travel expenses, etc..
A few highlights from the Conference:
The Conference begins with the Welcome Reception on Sunday Night.
A selection of great papers and interesting tutorials are presented during the Conference.
On Tuesday morning four subcommittees will meet and you are requested to participate consisting of:
DCS – Drives and Control Systems
PCEMC – Process Control, Engineering, Maintenance and Construction
PDS – Power Distribution Systems
TSSC – Training, Safety, Standards and Codes
The PPIC Subcommittee and General Committee meetings are on Tuesday beginning with lunch 12:00pm till 5:00pm. The subcommittees are where the papers, tutorials, and other topics are generated for upcoming conferences.
Click here to download First Time Mill Attendee program
If you are a Young Professional Mill Engineer and First Time Attendee age 30 or younger you may qualify for another sponsored program to attend, click here for information.