Young Engineering Professionals Program
One of the challenges the Pulp, Paper, and Forest Industry faces going forward is attracting and retaining new, young electrical engineering professionals to the industry. Recognizing this need, the IEEE Pulp and Paper Industry Committee (PPIC) has arranged with the IEEE Industrial Applications Society (IAS) to provide a limited number of partial financial sponsorships for young engineers to attend to their upcoming 66th Annual Conference in Niagara Falls, ON Canada.
This provides a low cost way for young engineering professionals to experience this forum for the exchange of electrical applications technology relating to forest products based industries. This is a great way to meet other industry engineers, learn solutions to real mill needs, and network with senior professionals from the industry.
What is included?
|50% off Conference Registration||Vendor Exhibition|
|One Tutorial||Meals at the Conference|
|Conference Reception||Free First year of IEEE and IAS Membership|
What are the requirements?
- Full time employee of a Forest Products Industry end-user (Pulp, Paper, Board, Tissue, Lumber, etc.) or consulting engineer working in support of clients in the industry.
- Less than 5 years of experience in the Industry.
- Never have attended a IEEE Pulp, Paper, and Forest Industries Technical Conference previously
- 30 years of age or younger
- The young engineer must attend one PPIC sub-committee meeting and the general committee meeting on Tuesday
- You are responsible for your travel, hotel costs, and 50% of the conference registration.
- Conference Registration and IEEE Membership will be refunded after you attend the 2020 IEEE Pulp, Paper, and Forest Industries Technical Conference in Niagara Falls. If you are unable to attend after registering, normal cancellation policy will be in effect.
A few highlights from the Conference:
We begin with the Welcome Reception on Sunday Night, June 21, 2020.
- A selection of great technical papers and some very interesting tutorials will be presented during the Conference.
- Vendor booths will be available to visit throughout the conference.
- The Conference Awards Dinner & Closing Event is a fun event to finish the Conference.
- The PPFIC Subcommittee meetings are on Tuesday, June 23rd from 12:00pm until 5pm. The subcommittees are where the papers, tutorials, and other topics are generated for upcoming conferences.
We have four subcommittees consisting of:
DCS – Drives and Control Systems
PCEMC – Process Control, Engineering, Maintenance and Construction
PDS – Power Distribution Systems
S&T – Safety and Training